Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ding Dong the Splint is Dead!

To catch you up between week 3 and week 5 here is basically the overview...swelling in the morning, pain in the evening from talking too much/splint, and me complaining 24/7 about how I HATE my splint, OMG this thing is awful. So, wanting to get my spling out ASAP, I called my surgeon to see if I could make an appointment in Seattle on my 6 week check up (he only comes to our County once a week). He said that rather than going over to Seattle he could take it on September 14 (today, which is 5 weeks and 2 days)!! I didn't hesitate to make that move and tah dah, today he pulled that awful thing out! Then, at noon, I had my check up with the orthodontist which removed the rest of the scrap metal in my mouth!! I was really dreading that visit, because my teeth are sore in some areas and the orthodontist usually tugs and pulls on them pretty hard! But, the gal that did the tweaking was amazing and that went really well!! So, today I am officially just an orthodontic patient! I have to wear rubberbands 24/7 on my right side so the molars begin to pull together and touch....so far so good on that!

Although the last couple of days one of my molars has become very sensitive to hot and cold and I am worried that it may turn into a root canal - that would absolutely suck, so at the moment I am just putting out there that everything is fine and it will heal and adjust!


Here are a couple update pictures...I really hate pictures right now because I think my smile is still very swollen...



And



I am hoping that with the splint out and the new regiment of orthodontic that my evening pain diminishes.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Cheers to you.
Brent

13 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about hating pictures sometimes ,I hated pictures a week or so ago but the swelling does come down. It's hardly noticeable in your pictures and you are looking great. You must be so happy with your result. Now let's get these braces off!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catherine and Tina! I agree...let get these freaking things OFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRENT!
    That is sooo exciting I'm so glad that you got to get the splint out early!! Hooray!! And you look fantastic, plus we have the same thing my molars need to come together more too. Glad to hear you are doing well!!

    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brent, you look AWESOME! And I can TOTALLY relate to the bands being a piece of WORK! I really hope your soreness and pain resolves itself.

    Wishing you the best in your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brent, these pictures are so handsome! You've really come a long way in your journey and I'm so happy for you!! Hope you're doing well in your recovery and as you get your life back to normal. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile - it's my "busy season" at work. Look forward to your next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Congratulations on getting the splint out. You must feel about 500% better. To no longer be a surgical patient is a huge milestone - so hurray for that, too! Your pictures look wonderful. You can still tell it's you, and I your smile doesn't look off at all. Though i'm in the same boat on that. I just can't figure out "how" to smile if you know what I mean. You look fantastic, especially when you consider that surgery wasn't all that long ago! I hope healing continues to go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having the splint removed was one of the best things EVER. It literally makes you feel SOO much better. You are looking awesome Brent. Congrats on such a great result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Brent...Just checking in with you. I hope all is well with you and your recovery. Can't wait to see new pics. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brent I found you blog during a google search.


    Quick question. Why did you have to have the splint for 5 weeks while others was 2??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great! your profile is amazing. Hope your progress is good. What a process!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brent - whatever happened with those teeth that were sensitive to the hot and cold? Are they ok now? I've experienced some similar sensitivity and it has me a bit worried. I hope yours turned out ok!

    How long are you going to be in braces, or are they off now?

    Good night and thanks again for being so supportive and reassuring!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Brent, I've been wondering how you were doing. Hope you're healed and almost ready for de-bracing. Let us know!

    ReplyDelete