Wednesday, October 27, 2010

News and Changes!

So, went to the orthodontics last week and he said I was still on track for May'ish. They tried to change out the top wire to a larger one, but after getting it stuck and having to cut is out the remainder - they came to the conclusion that I needed to stay with the same guage. I was excited about the notion of getting the upgraded wire...because I equate that with faster progress.

While I was there, I spoke with treatment coordinator (Shelley) about the surgeon I have and how it seems to be rediculous to get help and coordinaiton from the hospital for quotes on the surgery package I need. During our conversation, we both decided that we should shift surgeons and go back to the guy the I originally worked with. In the beginning, I was hestitant to go back to the same guy in fear that he would throw some kind of temper tantrum about me never follow through 20 years ago. Well, today I went and visited him, and I am so excited about working with him again. I could not get the comfort level everone speaks about with they bring up their surgeon with the other guy. Both me and my wife went today to see my new surgeon and we both walked out of his office very pleased. So, that is my very exciting news today to announce my new surgeon Dr. Feldman out of Seattle. And he also provides a "surgery package" and has options for financing the surgery! The last surgeon's staff essentially said that coordinating with the hospital was my job and I could not get any help at all from them.
So, next step for me - wait for results from new cast. Also, Dr. Feldman wants me to go take a sleep study to see what extent my open bite is causing apena. Sounds silly, me picking my underwear out of my ass on camera with a bunch of probes in my head! (I make me laugh). But I got to do what I got to do, more later!

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

Cheers for now!
Brent

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is wonderful! Having a surgeon you feel comfortable with is top priority. I saw 3 surgeons before I found one that I felt really good about. The other two were great but just didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling the 3rd guy does. So happy you now feel that way too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOO for us both being stuck on the same gauge upper wire! I am sure the orthodontist knows best, but I always feel like I am that much closer to surgery when they change that wire and my teeth are sore the next day! Hopefully the not changing of the wire means we're that much closer, because they think we've made enough progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you for finding the surgeon you are most comfortable with! That is SO IMPORTANT (obviously) as your precious face is all in their hands!

    May will be here before you know it!

    Keep on truckin'! :)

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you found a surgeon you like and feel comfortable with. He has a very important job to do.
    I laughed when I thought of you picking your underwear out of your crack. I'm sure during my sleep study I did some gross things. Who knows what it might have been, since I was asleep. It doesn't help to think they have a night vision camera on you at all times.....Wow, just thinking about it gives me the creeps.
    Good think I took a pill to make me fall asleep. June

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard SUPER good things about Dr. Feldman. He's at Swedish as well, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brent, I'm so glad you found a surgeon you are happy with! Good luck with your journey! I"ll be following your progress and checking in with you every now and then! ~Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Brent, it's been awhile. You still on for surgery in May-ish? Any updates?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi brent!! I am getting the exact same surgery as you next summer, I only just recently decided to get it, but I'm so pleased that I did decide to go ahead with it,
    I know what you mean exactly about how much of a difference the orthodontist people you have makes, I used to go to an orthodontist who was not very nice and treated me as if I was just a case out of a textbook rather than an actual person, so he really put me off having the surgery..but now I have my little jaw surgery team that are just so nice and encouraging:D
    I can't wait to follow your blog and see how everything turns out! I'm sure it will all be great:)
    good luck in everything!!

    ReplyDelete