Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tardy Update

Wow, time flies and I have been wacky busy! Lots of very exciting things going on at work that have been grabbing my attention lately (all good)!

Teeth, well I go see the ortho this Wednesday and as you can see in the fabulous picture in the last post the bottom teeth are really whacked out, but they have adjusted further inward lately (but still looks weird). The last appointment the orthodontist inserted the large wire into the very back molars, and the flossing is freaking frustrating. All is good because I signed up for this program, but what is interesting is that when I had braces back in my 20's they didn't put brackets on the last molars. I know this because I still have the molds for my teeth from back then and they don't have brackets. It is fun to to compare my progress today to what I had done previously.

Insurance issues are dead. I can't say this enough...insurance companies that exclude this from coverage across the nation SUCK! That being said, I am on to plan b, saving money, and/or getting loans!

I have been checking in with the community, I can't believe how fast Shaye's teeth are moving and it looks like January/February for you! Shout out to Makay, Elisha, Mandy, Sarah, Alexis, June and Stephanie! All your blogs are so wonderful and I enjoy the community and knowledge I gain from them!!

That's it for now. I will post after my orthodontist appointment on Wednesday.

Cheers,
Brent

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Brent! :) I love your comments! I will be sure to get a video post up soon... I just need a few questions to launch it.

    I am sorry your insurance sucks- I wish I could do something- I will pray for a miracle- if not insurance at least like donation or random wad of cash. ;) That better be a big wad eh? ha.

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brent! I finally got a chance to read through your blog today! That is awful you are experiencing so many insurance issues. I had originally thought I would be dealing with the same but mine went fairly smoothly. That being said, let's just hope my work doesn't change my insurance this year... Anyway, sounds like you, me, and Shaye will all have May surgery dates. Or at least roughly... I am so anxious to see Mandy's progress. I really wish I was over the surgery hump myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brent- How did the ortho appointment go????

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there - i feel your insurance pain! mine sent me a letter saying "your claim is eligible but because it exceeds the maximum we aren't paying anything." shouldn't they give me up to the maximum and then leave me to pay the rest? sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about insurance :( What crap!!

    ReplyDelete