Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sleep Study Update

So, updates on my sleep study. It took forever for the doctor to actual get back to me after the sleep study. At the end of the day the determination was that I did not have sleep apnea. I guess that is good to know and have behind me.
My surgery keeps being pushed out further and further. All my teeth are in good shape except two molars in the back top on each side. I really thought that when I went to my orthodontist May 10th he would have said that I was ready to go see the oral surgeon, but no. Same story with the molars, and he is being picky (which is just fine with me). The best guess now is July/August, I really didn’t want to spend a hot summer with my face swollen but it is what it is. My insurance company will not pay for anything, so it will be all out of pocket for me. That sucks, but I am beyond that any more. I have been saving and will take a loan out on my 401K plan for what I am short of.
Right now I don’t feel too anxious about my surgery and hopefully it stays that way. I actually really just want to be done with it and begin the recovery process. I do get a little worried about being 42 and how my recovery will be, but I feel healthy and young. I don’t really know how the hell time has passed so fast. I keep telling myself that I am very young!
Next appointment with the orthodontist is June 21…I am guessing that at this appointment he will refer me to the surgeon. Surgery will be at Swedish Hospital in Seattle, which every tells me is an excellent hospital. That makes me feel very comfortable.
That’s it for now.
Brent

8 comments:

  1. Keeping plugging along, Brent. Your time will be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brent!
    It's good that your ortho is being picky, means he wants it done right. :) I feel ya on the wanting the surgery done so you can get on to the recovery. I think that the anticipation leading up to the big day was much worse than the recovery process. And, your recovery is gonna FLY by! This Wed is my 1 year anniversary. Hard to believe it's been that long already. It's a crazy ride!

    Hang in there and good luck!!

    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brent, good to see you on here again! I like your positive outlook and it's really encouraging. You will be having surgery before you know it! I look forward to future updates from you!!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brent, it's so great to hear from you again! I have been reading along with your comments, but I was wondering why you hadn't updated. July/August isn't too far off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all!
    I have been so slammed at work that I can hardly see straight so posting has taken a back seat. The sleep study was a prolonged joke and my daily progress is not very news worthy. I really appreciate the blogging community, I believe that it is very helpful to the overall process!
    xoxo
    brent

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brent,

    I am 41 and at 8 weeks post Op. You will be fine. I was told all along that I was really "Old" for this surgery and to expect more numbness and blahh blahh blahh. My actual surgeon was amazingly optimistic and I can say that at 8 weeks I am confident that all the feeling will return on my face 100% So I think its more about your attitude than number of years. You will want your teeth to be perfectly ready so that your bite ends up in the correct place. My biggest fear was having to do it again. Bummer about the insurance. You wont regret it! Hang in there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jaw Breaker!
    Thanks for the post! I love to hear stories like this!! Tomorrow I see the orthodontist to see if I am ready for surgery! I just want to get it over with.

    Thanks again for the encouragment!
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brent! I'm glad your most recent OD apt went well!! We are on the same track :-) Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all of your kind words of encouragement and support on my blog. It's so comforting to know we are not alone going through this.

    Cheers!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete