Saturday, July 9, 2011

Surgeon Visit this Week

I went to my orthodontist on June 21st which I once again expected them to say I was ready for surgery…but not yet. But, I do have a slight change in procedure. I was told my next visit was to be with my surgeon towards the end of July and then come back to the orthodontist right before surgery for surgery hooks.
After my visit with my ortho, I waited a couple of day and called my surgeon to see if I could get in mid July to discuss the billions of questions I have. It seems to me that the most important part of this whole process comes down to the surgery and you don’t get very much face time with the surgeon as you do with the orthodontists. Anyway, my appointment with my surgeon is this Wednesday. I am looking forward to seeing him and discussing the final procedures of my surgery. I believe that I am right on the door step of surgery and if I think too much about the process I get kind of nervous. I really hope I can get into that surgery room and not run out of the hospital with my ass hanging out of a hospital gown.
I took some pictures of my bite tonight, but none of the picture look very good, blurry etc. But, here is one that is so, so.

6 comments:

  1. So exciting that you're almost there! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems this whole process is always dual emotions, excitement and dread! When I think about actually having to go into the hospital I take comfort in all the accounts of waking up from surgery feeling like you had just gone under a minute before. I don't know why this helps, but it does. (And I am SOOOO far away from surgery.)

    Have a great appointment on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Brent it's great to hear from you! Congratulations on being so close to surgery! Are you thinking it will be around August/Sept?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stephanie, I will be at Swedish and I feel real good about that!

    Hi Amanda, I know for sure that there will be some kind of drug sedative/cocktail in my future the minute I walk into Swedish Hospital!

    Hi Dani -
    I am hoping that surgery will be the end of July or early August. I have been wrong so far, but Wednesday will shed a little light on it. Wish me luck!

    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brent, I know the game of "close but not ready" That's about the time I'm going to have my surgery late July! And Good Luck on Wednesday!!!

    oh, P.s. whenever I get nervous thinking about it I do my best to turn the nervousness into excitement, you might try it!

    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear how things go on Wednesday. You will have your day soon enough! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete