Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Records Appointment

So, T-minus and counting. Last week I got my "surgery hook" in. Not a big deal, and yes they only added one hook - as it turns out I have had the kind of braces with hooks on it already so no big deal to add one more.

Also, today signed the scary hospital consent form which basically said almost anything could happen during this surgery....I am glad I got that out of the way.

Here is a picture my wife took during the appointment of me getting measurments for the jaw movement etc...

I was asked to place this mid-evil contraption in my ears while I bit down on wax to locate my bite and the doctor tightened it snugly to my head and took measurements. Very interesting...

And, finally more models today...the models they take at the orthodontist office are so much easier because they flavor that yucky crap...and at the surgeons office they use funky, stinky stuff that almost makes me gag! Glad that too is over!

Really, next stop surgery August 8th at 9:15! I go in and out of anxiety, but I am very confident in my surgeon, AND the hospital I am staying at! I am so looking forward to being beyond the surgery part!

More to come...

5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!! How exciting! I love the picture, it's very scifi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very exciting! I go in for pre-op stuff on friday! I wonder if they have that fun contraption as well where I am going... Glad to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you.. Soon you will join the rest of us on the other side!! It's a fantastic place to be!!!

    ReplyDelete