Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gratitude

I am so grateful by all the blogs I am following, and their amazing posts through the surgery experience. I think it is awesome to read the journals and see that I am, clearly, not all alone in this problem. Although, I got to admit, when I read other’s journals of the surgery process, I future trip myself into that same experience that they are going through and begin the get scared, and then inspired, and then scared…and so on. The most comforting part is knowing that this surgery happens a LOT, and seems to be very common, and most important survivable! That being said – I don’t know why most insurance companies exclude this from coverage (actually now saying it I do they are cheap). Anyways, screw insurance companies – they suck…unless they help you then they are GREAT!

As for me in my progress…I am just on the flight path to the surgery room. I have had the second wire change to my braces, no big deal…discomfort every now and then. Although, the one thing that I keep thinking of when discomfort comes up is how grateful I am to even proceed forward with this process. It makes my psyche feel comforted that I am improving my health. Everyday, my teeth shift a little and I can begin to use different teeth to chew which is a great feeling. Just yesterday, Pattie and I were at the nursery and they had fresh cantaloupe samples and I took a sample, then bit into it and could almost see myself biting all the way thru it. Soon that will be the case it’s hard to believe, and sometimes I even feel it will never happen but, this stupid bite will go bye bye!

Thank you all!

4 comments:

  1. Brent -- I agree, the blogs are great and so helpful! Sometimes it feels like time is ticking by so slowly and I want to yank these things off. But, reading other people's stories gives me hope. And you're right -- we're all doing something to improve our long-term health. I'm looking forward to the blog I get to post about how I'm braces and headache free and can say it was all worth it . . . that day can't get here soon enough!:) -- Shaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you, with every different milestone you meet!

    XOXO

    ~Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I am happy for you! You look so different after surgery... I am still in awe. Even though I am swollen and look like a chipmunk I can't stop looking at my profile! :)

    And I find blogs helpful still. 1.) to vent. 2.) to research and make sure you are not "the only one" or "crazy" haha.

    I am getting excited for your surgery!. ;)

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Makay -
    I am glad you are getting excited for my surgery! I will be calling on you to inspire me the day it comes! You are such a trooper for blazing right thru the stress and surgery! I only hope I can be as strong.
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete