Sunday, August 8, 2010

Insurance Update




Shortly after I wrote this letter I got a call from my surgeon's staff saying that the insurance commissioner needed more information; they forwarded on to me additional forms to complete and mail off - so I did. Then shortly after that, I got a call from the insurance company (only because they had to contact me by law) saying they received my letter and that I would receive a letter from them soon. Today, I check the mail box and got a letter from the them saying that they will approve the surgery subject to the limitations of the contract...which good news, but still does not tell me much. The difference between this letter and the last letter is that it includes approval for the hospital, but again does not tell me how much they will cover. I will follow up with them on Monday to get more clarification. I don't think this is a response to my complaint to the commish because it makes no mention about that. In the mean time, I have been working on the hospital coordination for my surgery. I know that I can go to a surgeon that has a "surgery package" but I am working with the surgeon that my ortho suggested (which by the way did the same procedure on his wife this year) and he does not have that kind of arrangement. So, I find myself in the midst of booking the hospital and anesthesiologist and thinking to myself that this is wierd. Although it does allow me to interview each of the people that will be working on me, but I wish at times that someone would just do it all for me. I know this option is available to me, and I may pull the trigger on that if I get too far in the weeds of confusion.
On other fronts, I am very grateful to the encouragement from my wonderful wife, she is the BEST! I think my bite has actually gotten worse with the braces on, only because the repositioning of the teeth. When I first started, I measured the distance between my bite and it was about 3mm and it probably is 4mm now. Flossing is just annoying because of the threading of floss between the braces. I go for my next adjustment on Aug 25, I can't belive how fast time goes by!

5 comments:

  1. Surgery Day will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your letter. Their coverage sure is confusing, isn't it? I'm sure that's all part of the "plan" to get you frustrated and to give up. Don't!!! Keep on fighting...as we all know, this is a REAL medical issue with many of us that is getting little to no attention.

    Good luck and many prayers!!! FYI, I think I decided on the tooth colored. I forgot to ask the oral surgeon's opinion when I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting closer!!! The (approved) surgery will be here in no time (that's what I keep chanting in my head at least). Your waife sounds amazing -- yay for support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're fighting it and getting closer to the date! My bite got worse as well so that's normal I think. As for the flossing I commend you for keeping with it! I was horrible. I'll probably feel so gross by the time I can floss again though that I'll be doing it like crazy hah. Thanks for your post! :)

    ReplyDelete