Sunday, August 22, 2010

4 months, Well Almost

I see the ortho next wednesday, I am kinda excited for that...wierd but progress is progress. In terms of the insurance/paying for the surgery...I enlisted my employer into the process too. After getting the standard "your insurance contract provided from your employer doesn't include coverage blah, blah, blah" I ran the issues I was having with my boss. She is super cool, and I know will help me in some kind of way! Needless to say though, I also need to hunker down for "Plan B" which is selling off assets, my beloved garden tractor. I don't use it too much, and it seems that this would be more important to do then having it just sit around like large, expensive yard art!
On other fronts, OMG, because I am sooooo curious about the process of this surgery, I found myself watching a timelapsed video of a Lefort I procedure...SHIT THAT'S SOME CRAZY STUFF! That is really all I can say. Funny though, it did not bother me as much as maybe it should. But for now, that is all I am going to watch of the live surgery (I will stick to the animated videos thank you!) I really think that being in the "orthognathic blog" community helps my realize the anxiety I have around the surgery (all though it still worries me that everyone's first words in their day 1 Post Op blog is "I am alive"!!!!!!) It seems that being alive should just be a given, but it's not. But, just seeing that old and young all make it through this with pretty predictiable results is comforting. I really enjoy the company!

Have a wonderful week!
Brent

3 comments:

  1. Maybe instead of selling the tractor, we could sell all this extra lumber you still have laying around from your deck project?

    XOXO

    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is crazy!!! I think I'm going to stay away from those for awhile.:) Lots of positive thoughts for your insurance company to make the right decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to watch this video! I stayed away from that kind of stuff. I didn't want to freak myself out. I think that although everyones recovery is different most go through the same kind of stuff, just some recover and get through it faster than others. Having a community like this is great though right?! It gives you so much support. We're all here for ya!

    ReplyDelete