Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Update

So, I am a couple week past my 4th adjustment. Got a larger wire installed and the first few days where pretty tough, but all is well now. while at the orthodontist I asked his opinion when I might be ready for surgery and he said about 8 more months (which rounds out about 1 year from my start date). That puts me in surgery around May'ish of 2011... I was originally thinking February, so time will only tell. As far at the insurance woes go - that front is going good and not so good. The not so good part is that the insurance company has denied me totally, and the Insurance Commissioner reviewed their claim and substiantiated too. But, on the good part, my boss said she will help me financially with the surgery (how much of a commitment I don't know now). We are going to get together soon to discuss the level the company will help, I will keep you posted. I am going to make an appointment/consultation with the oral surgeon again to begin to get to know him a little better - when I was at the ortho I also asked when I would see him next and he said that it wouldn't be until I got closer to the surgery date...I feel like that is a little too late in the game. So, in October I am going to take my list of questions to Dr. Surgeon and chat him up!
Pattie and I went shoping this weekend to look for something for me to sleep in while in recovery. I remember when I broke my collar bone I sleep upright for 2 weeks, but it sounds like this may be much longer. Looking into perhaps a really comfortable recliner...any thoughts about sleeping arrangements?

Also, I thought it might be good to throw a picture or two into the mix, but I really hate pictures, so I had my puppy help me out to so "progress"...here you go..




That's it for now...stay well!
Brent

6 comments:

  1. She is a stinker!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww cute! (the braces I mean)

    :-) S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brent. Cute puppy. She looks sweet. We just got a new dog too. We love her.

    Do you know why your insurance company denied and do you know what your insurance will cover as far as jaw surgery? It's all in the way the doctor writes the letter. If you don't use the right wording they will deny. I know that hospitals have patient advocates. It may be worth a call to one of them. I had a friend who did this and she was very knowledgable about insurance companies. The advocate may be able to look at your policy and give you suggestions. Good luck. June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brent! Just wanted to check in and see how the insurance company fight was going. Still thinking positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you are having to go through all that- trust me it is COMPLETELY worth it.. :)

    Love,

    Makay

    ReplyDelete
  6. About the sleeping arrangement stuff, I feel like I would have DIED without my recliner. I got an amazing lazy-boy recliner and I ended up having to sleep in it for about a month. Sleeping laying down was too painful and my face would swell up too much. Other people I know did it propped up on pillows and other ways, but if you can afford it - go the recliner route!! :)

    ReplyDelete